Who we are
BLK Opticoacoustics LTD, Greek Company Number with VAT No. EL999950651 of Ektoros 115 ilion Athens 13122 Tel: +30 2102623590 (we, us, our or BLK) collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so in the European Union (EU), or if you are located in the EU and we offer goods or services to you, we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which applies across the European Union and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
What personal information do we collect and use?
We may collect information about you when you visit our website or in connection with our services, including when you register in our website, register for one of our mailing lists or visit our website. We may also collect information about you when you engage with us at, trade shows and similar events.
We may collect the following information:
- your contact details including your name, email address, employer details, mailing address, phone number and mobile phone number;
- your country of residence;
- your, trade show or similar event attendee details (where applicable);
- your financial information, such as your bank account or credit card details, for any purchase or other services; and
- any other personal information you provide to us in relation to the services.
When visiting our website or accessing our services, we may also collect and store the following details:
- IP address from which you access our website or services;
- the date and time you access our website or services;
- any third party website from which you linked to our website or accessed our Service;
- statistics on page views, traffic to-and-from our website and services; and
- other transactional information about your access to our website or services.
Information collected from other sources
We may also obtain personal information from other sources or third parties, including our affiliates or our distributors, resellers, or others in your organization.
In visiting our website or accessing our services, we may also utilize “cookies” to enable us to monitor traffic patterns and to serve you more efficiently. A cookie does not identify you personally, but it does identify your computer. You can set your internet browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance.
How do we use personal information and what reasons do we have for doing so where the GDPR applies?
We will use your personal information for the purpose of providing our services to you or your organization.
In addition to using your personal information to provide our services to you or your organization, this information may be used:
- to administer our services including contacting you in relation to payments;
- to verify your identity, respond to your requests, and contact you when necessary;
- to provide you with news, information and material in relation to our services or direct marketing and promotional content of us, our partners and affiliates;
- to monitor who is accessing our website or using our services;
- to profile the type of people using our website or services;
- to improve our website or services; and
- as otherwise permitted by law.
Where the GDPR applies we rely on the following lawful reasons to collect and use your personal data and on occasion more than one lawful reason (basis) set out below may apply to the processing:
- our legitimate interests in marketing and providing our goods and services globally for both our benefit and that of our customers and contacts interested in what we provide;
- to perform or enter into any contract we may have with you;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to protect your vital interests or that of another person (e.g. in an emergency); or
- where you consent to the processing where we ask you to (e.g. for certain sorts of marketing or other processing where the law either requires this or where it is our policy from time to time to seek consent for such processing).
Third party services
- Our website may contain links and pointers to third party services. These links to third party services are provided for your convenience only.
- Third party services are not under our control and we are not responsible for third party services (including the suitability for your intended use of the third party services). We do not endorse or recommend any third party services or any associated provider organization or their product or services. You should make your enquiries as to the suitability of any third party service.
- Third party services may also utilize cookies.
- You are responsible for reading the privacy policies or statements associated with the third party services.
To whom do we disclose personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- parties to whom you authorize us to disclose your personal information;
- third parties which provide services to us (for example our business outsourcing providers who assist us in providing our services to you and providing finance and IT services);
- our partners, affiliates, contractors and consultants, assisting us in the provision of services to you;
- government and regulatory authorities, as required or authorised by law (including to comply with any obligation we (or our service providers) may have to give notice of any eligible data.
- other third parties as permitted by law.
Under the GDPR (where it applies), you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- where the processing is based on your consent you may withdraw your consent at any time
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply read the General Data Protection Regulation. If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us (contact details below) and let us have enough information to identify you [(eg account number, user name, registration details)],
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
Can I opt-out of providing personal information?
The provision of your personal information is required in order to access, or use, our website, to enable us to provide you with the services or to contact you for marketing or promotional purposes.
In addition, we may still use or disclose that information if:
we subsequently notify you of the intended disclosure and you do not object to that use or disclosure;
we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for government or public security in the performance of their functions;
to enforce our terms and conditions or to protect our rights;
to protect the safety of members of the public and users of our website and services; or
we are required by law to disclose the information.
Can I opt-out of promotional and marketing content?
You may elect to opt-out of receiving direct marketing and promotional communications by contacting us by email at the address below, or by any other simple means to opt-out we provide you. However, some of our services may include a direct marketing and promotional communications feature as part of the Service which cannot be removed and, as such, you may not be able to access or use some of our website or services if you elect to opt-out of all direct promotional and marketing communications.
Data security and storage; how long we keep your information
- We will take reasonable steps to protect all personal information which we hold from misuse, loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
- You should be aware that, when using our website or our services, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. We do not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the internet and you do so at your own risk.
- We will destroy, delete or de-identify your personal information within a reasonable time after the end of the period mentioned in the previous paragraph, unless we are required to retain it by law.
- While we hold your information, it will be under the ultimate direct or indirect control of BLK Opticoacoustics LTD, in its custody or the custody of one or more entities under common control with it.
How can you access and correct or ask us to delete or cease processing your personal information?
- We encourage you to update us regularly with your personal information to ensure we hold information about you that is up-to-date, accurate and complete. You may make a request for access to or correction of any personal information we hold about you. We may request you to verify your identity before processing your request.
- A fee will not apply to making a request for access or update to or deletion of your personal information. A fee may apply and be charged for providing the information to you. The fee covers the cost to us in collating, copying and providing certain information to you. We will only charge this fee where it is lawful for us to do so.
- In some circumstances where we correct a record, we may still require retention of the original record.
- In some circumstances, we may refuse to provide you with access to or correct your personal information including, but not limited to, where:
- giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings, and the information would not be discoverable in those proceedings;
- giving access would be unlawful;
- denying access is otherwise required or authorised by law; or
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious.
If we refuse to provide you with access to or correct your personal information, we will provide you with an explanation in writing.
Please note that if the GDPR applies to you then you will have additional rights and where your GDPR rights are different from what is stated here then we will respect your GDPR rights.
How to contact us or complain
postal address: Ektoros 115 ilion Athens Greece 13122 or
email: email@example.com or
Call us: +30 2102623590
We would ask that any complaint should be made first in writing to us. We will then respond to your complaint in writing and in accordance with any timeframes required by law. We may require you to provide further information about your complaint to duly assess your complaint. If for any reason you do not wish to complain to us initially or if you are unhappy with how we propose to resolve your complain. Please note that where it applies, the GDPR also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the EU (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.